I don’t like Amazon, so here’s my equivalent of their super wish list feature 🙂 I also believe that gifts should be useful (or delicious) and know that people prefer giving gifts they know will be loved.
This is my long-term shopping list. Last updated December 2019.
- A book with both magicians and space ships.
- Bar Ends for my bicycle
- A Segway. Who doesn’t want one?
- Books like this one or this one. Or these ones:
- Indestractable – by Nir Eyal
- Release It – Second Edition
- Books similar to The Martian
- Other booked in the “Star Carrier” series by Ian Douglas. I’ve read #4 – Deep Space.
- The Unreconstructed M
- Orthogonal by Greg Egan
- Made To Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
- Doggerland by Ben Smith
- Why We Sleep – Matthew Walker
- A short history of Europe – Simon Jenkins
- Essays Against Everything – Mark Grief
- Red Mars, Green Mars – Kim Stanley
- The Player of Games – Ian M Banks
- This history of our future in 100 objects
- Lost London
- Dark Trilogies – Phillip Pullman
- Something by Anne Aguirre
- The Secular City – Harvey Cox
- Seven Brief Lesson on Physics
- The Goodness Paradox – Richard Wrangham
- The Brain: A Users Guide
- American Gods
- This is going to hurt – Adam Kay
- The Dumb Waiter – A.V.R Pearn
- Donations to animal friendly charities or great little charities
- A FairPhone, I can dream. Or any second-hand iPhone 6 or later.
- Terry Pratchett books I’ve not read (good luck figuring that one out!)
- Bike locks and helmets are always handy, a gel saddle to keep my bum dry.
- A small, catnip plant for indoors would be awesome (if it’s not a bad idea).
- Membership to things which make the world a better place, like LCC or Ethical Consumer
If in doubt, you can’t go wrong with a kitchen utensil or something (vegan) and edible. They’re all amazing, every one of them. Except the useless ones.
See Places to Visit bigger.